Skip to content

Who is my counselor?

Students last name beginning with A - B - Mrs. Marracino, [email protected], ext. 46217

Students last name beginning with C - E - Mrs. Norris, [email protected], ext. 46253

Students last name beginning with F - H - Mr. Thomas, [email protected], ext. 46333

Students last name beginning with I - Me - Mrs. Hickox, [email protected], ext. 46252

Students last name beginning with Mi - P - Mrs. Fowler, [email protected], ext. 46211

Students last name beginning wtih Q - Si - Mrs. Baldwin-Moore, [email protected], ext. 46283

Students last name beginning with Sk - Z - Ms. Hubbs, [email protected], ext. 46258

Online graduation requirement

All students must complete one course online for graduation.  This is a state requirement that must be met to graduate with a standard diploma.  Online courses are offered through Volusia Virtual School at or Florida Virtual at

How do I see my School Counselor?

Students can make an appointment to see their counselor by completing a request form.  Request forms are located in the guidance office.  Please come in before or after school or during lunch to make your appointment. Students can see their counselor any time during the second half of the lunch hour for quick questions Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Proactive Strategies That Can Prevent Bullying

Families that are nurturing and caring and set clear limits can prevent bullying as well as victimization.

The following  will help prevent your child from becoming a bully or a victim:

  *Teach your child to be both strong and kind.

  *Encourage your child to be a good friend.

  *Monitor the whereabouts of your child.

  *Know your child's friends

  *Set a good example

  *Make sure your child understands there are consequences for aggressive behavior.

  *Listen to your child's concerns.

  *Talk with your child about computer ethics and establish rules of conduct on the internet.

  *Monitor your child's television, video, and internet viewing.

    from "The Bully, The Bullied, and Beyond" by Esther Williams, M. Ed.

What Can I Do if My Child is Being Bullied?

If you are concerned that your child is being bullied:

  *Ask your child directly if he/she is being bullied.

  *Believe your child; listen without interrupting and gather as many facts as you can.

  *Don't promise to keep the bullying a secret.

  *Don't blame your child and assure him/her that being bullied is not his/her fault.

  *Talk to your child about handling the situation.

  *Encourage your child to report the incident to school administration.


Can you fill out FAFSA BEFORE your taxes are completed? Of course you can!

Take a look at College Goal Sunday for details.

Collegiate High School

Collegiate high school is a form of dual enrollment in which a student takes 15-16 credit hours on campus and nothing at the high school.  

  • It is for public school students only
  • Students will be required to admit to the college using the traditional dual enrollment form. 
  • Students must submit a separate Collegiate High School Application which can be obtained from your high school counselor.  The completed application should be sent to the Director of Academic Advising.  You can drop it off at any Daytona State College campus Academic Advising office or mail it to:

            Dr. LeeAnn Davis, Director, Academic Advising

            Daytona State College

            1200 W. International Speedway Blvd.

             Daytona Beach, FL 32114

  • AA students will be required to declare an intended transfer school and major and the pre-requisites will be part of his/her required coursework.
  • Students will be required to attend an Orientation in the summer and may be required to take summer courses between their Junior and Senior year of high school. Students will be required to sign a contract and take only classes required for their degree.
  • The following majors are eligible for Collegiate High School:
    • A.S. degree in Internet Services Technology
    • A.S. degree in Computer Information Technology
    • A.S. in Computer Programming and Analysis
    • A.S. degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
    • A.S. in Simulation and Robotics Technology
    • A.S. in Computer Engineering Technology
    • Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree
  • Students in the A.S. programs will be eligible for Cape Industry Certifications
  • Admission requirements: Students must be in 11th or 12th grade starting in the fall, have a 3.2 or higher unweighted high school GPA and test scores that place the student into MAC1105 and ENC1101
  • Student who complete all courses successfully and start in the 11th grade will earn an Associate’s degree by the time they graduate from high school.
  • Students who earn an “F” will no longer be eligible to participate.
  • Students who withdraw (from one class) or earn a “D” will be moved to regular dual enrollment IF their high school and college GPA still qualify them to participate.  Students who withdraw from two or more classes will no longer be eligible to dual enroll.
  • Books will still be provided by the student’s high school.
  • Students will still be eligible to graduate with their high school class.
  • Dual enrollment staff will be working with the high school counselors to make sure the student is meeting high school requirements.

Guidance Documents

  • UHS School Profile - Some college and scholarship applications request a school profile. Here is our updated 2013-2014 profile for University High School. UHS school profile.doc (28.5 KBs)