Mrs. MarracinoStudents in grades 10 - 12 with last names beginning with A - C
Laura Marracino, Guidance Director at UHS. Welcome to my web page. My hope is that you will find very useful information on this page. If you have questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected].
- Community Service requirements for the Bright Futures Scholarships - Students must complete the required nunber of community service hours to be eligible to receive a bright futures scholarship. community service for bright futures.doc (23.0 KBs)
- Dual Enrollment information - Here are the steps necessary to get started in dual enrollment. Dual_Enrollment_Steps.docx (119.0 KBs)
- letters of recommendation - Seniors will need letters of recommendation for college and scholarship applications. Here is a form that will help provide information about you that will help your counselor write a recommendation for you. requesting recommendation letter.doc (24.0 KBs)
- UHS School Profile - Some college and scholarship applications request a copy of our school profile. UHS school profile.doc (28.5 KBs)
- Graduation Requirements for class of 2017,2018, and 2019 - class of 17,18,19 grad chart.doc (41.0 KBs)
I grew up in DeLand and have been teaching English since 1997. I earned my Bachelor's degree in English and Communications at Flagler College in St. Augustine and my Master's degree in Teaching English from Stetson University. I've taught in Volusia, Seminole, and Orange County Public Schools as well as Valencia College and Daytona State. I've taught every grade from 6-12 and have also worked in the elementary grades as an academic aide, but my favorite grades to teach are at the high school level!
I have a daughter who graduated from DeLand High School and is now attending SCAD in Savannah. I also have two sons who attend Citrus Grove Elementary School in grades 3 and 4. I've been involved with this school system as a parent, a student, and as an educator, and I am dedicated to getting our students to achieve success.
I am a Florida Native, having lived in Volusia County since I was a baby. I graduated from UCF with my BS in Career and Technical Education and my Master's in Career and Technical Education through UCF. I have a younger brother who lives in at Ft. Lewis with his wife who is stationed there in the Army, in November they are expecting their first little one (I'll have a nephew!).
I have changed positions in the last year, becoming our CTE/Academy Facilitator, DLTL (All things tech contact), Website Manager, and a few other things. It is a challenging year, but one that I welcome with excitement and lots of plans to make UHS an even better school than it already it. My husband and I live in Debary with our son Liam (already 4!), his fish Mr. Wiggle Pants, and our cat Baby Cat. You're likely to find us out on the boat, in the woods or in the Sand Rail during non-school hours.