I am a graduate of Stetson University with my Master's in School Counseling and Bachelor's in Psychology. Becoming a school counselor has been an aspiration of mine for many years, so I am very excited to be a part of this excellent team at UHS. I look forward to making this a wonderful 2015-2016 school year!
The best way to reach me is through email: [email protected]
You can also contact me by phone: (386) 968-0013 ext. 46283
I tend to listen to my voicemail at the end of the day, but I will get back with you as soon as I can! :)
Drop by any time to see me! I may be in and out of my office due to meetings/testing, but you can also schedule an appointment to see me at the Guidance desk.
Connect with us through social media!
Follow us on Twitter: @UHS_Titans (https://twitter.com/UHS_Titans)
Please fill out a FINAL Transcript Request form and turn it into Mrs. Boyd in Guidance. This is needed so that we can send your final transcripts to your intended college/university in June.
Dual Enrolled Students
If you are looking to create your schedule for the next semester, please have your courses, sections, and times picked out before coming in. Please schedule an appointment with Ms. Torres at the Guidance desk.
For those who are earning an AA degree through dual enrollment, please request electronic transcripts from our Registrar (Mrs. Boyd) to send to Daytona State College showing that you have completed your 2 years of foreign language. DSC will not award your AA degree until you do so. If you are under 18, you will need to have parent signature on the transcript release authorization form.
The form can be found below or in the Guidance hallway.
Online Course: Graduation Requirement
This can be done through Volusia Virtual School, Florida Virtual School, or as an online dual enrollment course.
Florida Virtual School (FLVS)
- If you are a newly enrolled student coming from another school, please log onto FLVS and change your "physical school" to UHS. Otherwise, we cannot approve or see the classes you want/have taken.
Steps to do this:
- Log into your student's account and click on the tab, "Student Records."
- Select "Academic Profile" in the drop down options.
- Change "Physical School" to UHS and select the correct school counselor.
- When signing up for classes, please select "outside of school" as the location.
- Please be aware that if you drop a course past the 14 day grace period, you will receive a "Withdraw F" as your grade. Avoid this if at all possible!
Community Service Hours
You must complete the training/workshop before earning your community service hours. Anything you have done previously will not count! The trainings are held once a month on either a Tuesday or Thursday. Dates are listed in the Guidance office next to the "Community Service Hours" bulletin board. These meetings are held in the Lecture Hall (right across from the Main Office) during the first half hour of lunch on selected dates. Sign up on the clipboard attached, but do it quickly! Only 50 seats are available per session.
The schedule is available at the bottom of the page.
December 1st -Start date to apply for Bright Futures
January 1st -Fill out the FAFSA
- Bright Futures Handbook 2015-2016 - bright futures brochure 2016.pdf (427.2 KBs)
- SAT/ACT Test Dates 2015-2016 - SATandACT2016schedule.doc (38.0 KBs)
- Steps to Dual Enrollment - dual-enrollment-steps.docx (119.0 KBs)
- Student Profile for Recommendations - requesting-recommendation-letter.doc (24.0 KBs)
- Top Online Resources - Online Resources.docx (16.2 KBs)
- Seniors! Read this if you are sending transcripts to colleges/scholarships/NCAA/NAIA - Senior notice of transcripts.doc (28.0 KBs)
- Electronic Transcript Release Form - Download this form for transcripts to be sent electronically to the college/university listed on the form. Please fill in the top and circle or highlight the college/universities of your choice, have parent sign (if you are under 18), and drop it off at the Guidance Office with the Registrar, Mrs. Boyd. electronic-transcript-request.pdf (372.6 KBs)
- Transcript Release Form - Download this form for transcripts to be mailed or faxed to your college/university/organization of choice. You may also use this form if you would like an unofficial copy of your transcript. Fill it out, have parent sign (if you are under 18), and drop it off at the Guidance Office with the Registrar, Mrs. Boyd. Transcript Request.pdf (94.0 KBs)